Allied Health & Nursing Neuromodulation Special Interest Group (AHNNSIG)
Our mission is to provide support, educational resources, and ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Nurses & Allied Health Professionals working in Pain Management and Neuromodulation, in both private and public sectors.
The Australasian Nursing Neuromodulation Special Interest Group (ANNSIG) was formed at the Scientific Meeting of the Neuromodulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (NSANZ) in April 2017 by a group of passionate and experienced Pain Management Nurses. It has since grown and now incorporates Allied Health Professionals, who also play an important role in the management of patients receiving neuromodulation therapies and has been renamed accordingly.
The milestones in AHNNSIG’s journey so far are:
- 2017 Inaugural education day for nurses run by nurses
- 2018 Recognition by NSANZ
- 2019 Incorporation of the group as a subgroup and representation on the board by AHNNSIG President
- 2019 Break out session at INS scientific meeting
- 2021 Expansion to include Allied Health Professionals